Fun Facts about Vancouver
- Vancouver is one of the only places in the world where you can sail the sea, play a round of golf, and ski down a snowy mountain...all in the same day.
- In the early 1970s the anti-nuclear protests in Vancouver evolved into the organization that we now know today as Greenpeace.
- Vancouver has been nicknamed 'Hollywood North' because of it's rank as the second largest television production center in the world (second only to Los Angeles).
- Vancouver hosts the most prestigious international fireworks competition/festival in the world. The 'Celebration of Light' takes place over the course of three nights in which countries from all around the world come with explosive displays that they showcase from barges all along English Bay.
- Not everything that Vancouver has to offer is above ground; there have been many whale and dolphin sightings from the city's shores, and the city boasts an aquarium that ranks in the top five of the world.