Fun Facts about Savannah:
- Savannah's downtown area is the largest National Historic Landmark District in the United States.
- Many of Savannah's homes feature a blue/green color (on window sils, door frames, etc) called 'Haint Blue' that has historical significance as a method of warding off evil spirits.
- Savannah is the birth place of the Girl Scouts.
- The popular Pirate House tavern in Savannah got it's name because 'back in the day' it was often frequented by pirates who were sailing the Caribbean.
- Savannah is known as the 'Hostess of the South' because of it's abundant Southern hospitality.