Fun Facts about Boston:
- The Boston Cream Pie was invented at the Omni Parker House in Boston. It is the state's official dessert.
- The first American lighthouse was built in the Boston Harbor in 1716.
- The first public school system was founded in Boston in 1635 and Boston Latin was our country's first public school.
- The average price for a bowl of New England clam chowder in Boston restaurants is $4.40.
- Bean town is home to the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics. The Celtics have the most NBA titles in NBA history.
Other Locales in Massachusetts